Life Science research has become increasingly digital and has a direct influence on our daily life in areas such as health and medical applications, drug discovery, agriculture and food industry. It is one of the largest and fastest growing communities in need of high-end computing, leading to an increasing number of life science researchers who are not computing experts but who need to use complicated computationally intensive biomolecular modelling tools.
BioExcel aims to support these academic and industrial researchers in the use of high-performance computing (HPC) and high-throughput computing (HTC).
The BioExcel Training Programme has been developed from a competency-based training needs analysis. Our first step has been to draw up a list of things people need to know or be able to do to interact efficiently with the BioExcel services. This was done with the aid of the community and sent out for wider consultation.
The competencies has been mapped against existing training and new training courses and material will be developed to fill the gaps that were identified.
The BioExcel Training Programme includes face-to-face training events, webinars and a range of online tutorials and courses.
Here are the upcoming courses.
30 Oct, 2019 - 01 Nov, 2019
10:00 - 15:00
Hands-on Introduction to HPC for Life Scientists
Large Meeting & Teaching Room, University of Birmingham, Birmingham
For a list of other activities please visit the BioExcel events pages
- BioExcel’s webinar series continue with a presentation by Steve Crouch Register Abstract Software has a crucial role in the research process across many Read More
- BioExcel’s webinar series continue with a presentation by Berk Hess Register Abstract Simulation of conformational transitions in bio-molecules is often problematic because transitions Read More
- BioExcel’s webinar series continue with a presentation by Carsten Kutzner Register Abstract We identify hardware that is optimal to produce molecular dynamics trajectories Read More
- Discuss this webinar View slides View webinar Workflows Interest Group BioExcel’s webinar series continues with Michael Crusoe, CWL Project co-founder & Community Engineer, who will introduce the Common Read More
- Discuss this webinar View slides on SlideShare Join Interest Group BioExcel’s webinar series continues with Steven Newhouse from EMBL-EBI, who will discuss Cloud versus HTC (High Throughput Read More
Learn more about the BioExcel Competency Profile (coming soon)
The Knowledge Resource Center contains training resources relevant to BioExcel
Knowledge Resource Center
Contact Vera Matser – email@example.com – if you are interested in participating during one of our training events or if you would like training on one of our resources/codes at your home institute.