BioExcel is committed to contribute to equal opportunities and diversity in the community. In particular, we support researchers irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, cultural background or sexual identity, and encourage underrepresented minorities to get involved in our activities.
BioExcel partner institutions have clear policies on the topic and participate in numerous activities in the area. Some of them are listed here:
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Universiteit Utrecht
- Max-Planck Institute
- IRB Barcelona
- IRB has set up the Equality and Diversity Committee (EDC), with the aim to ensure that the ideal of excellence through inclusion is embedded in our daily activities. The EDC’s main mission is to develop a strategy through which to monitor equality and diversity issues and to provide support and guidance in the implementation of policies and action plans related to the same.
- University of Manchester
- Running the Software Carpentry for HPC for women
- Awarding the Athena Bronze prize to “Women in Computer Science”: http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/about-us/athena-swan/
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center
- Starts a program to support young female bioinformaticians in terms of mentorship and training
- EPCC Edinburgh Parallel Computing Center